5 Ways YOU can Save the Ocean
I love the ocean and because you’re here I know you love it too. So, I thought I'd share a few easy ways that you can make sure you keep it safe.
- Stop using single use plastic! This is a big one. Plastic is one of the main pollutants found in the ocean killing thousands of sea life animals every year.
- Recycle! If you don’t typically recycle look up recyclable items here, you’d be surprised how much you can recycle. Recycling reduces the amount of new materials being produced and keeps more waste from entering the ocean.
- Practice meatless Mondays! If you’re a meat eater try to skip it one day a week. Reducing the amount of meat you eat can help reduce your carbon footprint and reduce fossil fuel emissions, which can both end up back in the ocean.
- Drive less! This can mean riding your bike instead of driving, or even carpooling. Reducing the amount of carbon we release into the atmosphere is essential not only to end global warming, but also to keep our reefs and sea life healthy!
- Shop sustainably! This is our favorite way to help the planet and our oceans! I tend to partake in a little retail therapy from time to time, but I always make sure I know how the things I’m buying are being made and what they’re made out of. Which is why all of our Born From A Wave suits are ethically made from recycled ocean waste.
Let me know what you think and if you have other ways you keep the ocean clean!